The concept of Industry 4.0 entails profound changes in the industrial sphere. Its main purpose is to update production processes by digitalising manufacturing, in order to gain competitiveness and implement client-oriented production. Out of all the main characteristics brought about by this shift in paradigm, flexibility and interoperability are worthy of special mention.
This change in model requires adding a series of facilitating technologies, as well as professionals with a global view of said technologies to adapt current manufacturing processes to the new manufacturing paradigm. In all probability, this will lead to the creation of new professional profiles, and updating those already in existence. The following technologies to apply the new model are of note: cyber-physical systems (CPS), Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), collaborative robots (COBOTS), additive manufacturing, 3D-printing, Big Data, artificial intelligence (AI), cyber security, LEAN management systems, etc.
With this project, we will especially be working within the scope of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Our main objective shall be to identify the needs of vocational training teachers in the Basque Country who teach cycles related to IIoT and train them so they can adapt their knowledge and training to the industry’s new needs. The project’s specific objectives include:
- Analyze the protocols and architectures adopted by the industry within the field of smart factories and propose solutions that allow equipment to communicate with different PLC-s and Gateways to an on premise platform or in the cloud according to the needs.
- Collaborate with companies in the development of laboratories based on the concept of cyber-physical system (CPS).
- From Tknika’s internationalization area, the European Project “Excellent Advanced Manufacturing 4.0” – EXAM 4.0 is led, where the IoM area of specialization participates.
- Analyze the functional blocks of an IIoT system and test different tools and technologies that allow the collection and analysis of data and action on the processes.
- We carry out proofs of concept and training based on hardware such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino and programs such as Node Red, ThingsBoard, Azure IoT.
- Work with industrial simulators and development environments for the virtualization of industrial processes:
- Simulation of PLC programs: PLCSim Advanced, Codesys, etc.
- Be aware of the innovations of the manufacturers of networking and automation equipment related to Industry 4.0.
- Develop training that allows FPeuskadi teachers to promote professional profiles adapted to the new manufacturing paradigm.